Friday, May 28, 2021

 ALWAYS ON



One thing about Behavior Trainers, we don't seem to be able to turn off our brains to dogs. We are on vacation this week, yet I am blogging about RV Dogs On The Road: Tips and Tricks to traveling with your dog and watching how people interact with their dogs, as well as working with my own dogs.

My husband noted a man with a labrador retriever walking around the resort, who wasn't focusing on his dog (who was lunging out ahead), but on his cell phone actively interacting with the phone. The dog seemed like he wasn't even there and so highly focused on the environment. Hubby had to turn the other way, as our Skye can be reactive to other irratic type dogs.  A huge pet peeve of mine AND of my husbands apparently (well he is married to a dog trainer after all :). 

We are "always on". I am listening to a webinar on stress by Anders Hallgren for instance, at Grisha Stewarts School.  I am taking my course to earn my Master Certification in Canine Nutrition from Linda Case's school.  It is never ending and I find that 'relaxing".

We are "always on", observing, learning, talking about dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment